Monday, January 18, 2010

Christmas 2009

I know I promised that I would post to this blog more regularly...However, I ended up having an appendectomy the day after Christmas, so I have not been venturing downstairs often these days to get on the computer. I was actually feeling much better this week, but had a bunch of things to catch up on upstairs before I could take some time to post. So, let me get you up to date!


We finally got enough snow for the boys to play outside in it! This past December I think they said we were about 17 inches down from our normal amount of snowfall. I can tell you the boys were VERY excited when I told them they could play!
Now when I say it snowed enough for them to play, this is all we really got...It didn't matter to the boys though. All they knew was they could go outside and play!


Here is Makayla longing to be out with the boys.


The boys really enjoy making cookies for Santa. Of course they have to lick the beaters!


I think Jaden got more icing on himself than he did on the cookies this day!

Jonathan was trying to show Jaden how to use the popsicle sticks to spread the icing.


Jaden then decided it was just better to eat the cookies!

This is our third day of making cookies for Santa. This time Makayla was able to join in the fun!


Jonathan shared his tray of cookies with Makayla. He is such a great big brother!


Two-fisted sprinkler!


On Christmas Eve Joe's Aunts always host a dinner for all of the family in town. They always go overboard with the gifts for the kids. Here are Jonathan and Jaden trying to figure out where to start!


Makayla was able to open her own gifts this year. She really enjoyed tearing the paper.


After the dinner we tried to take our annual Christmas Eve picture. It was quite an event this year...


I think Jaden had a little too much sugar and gifts this night...


Makayla seemed to enjoy it better when it was just the two of us!


Surprisingly, the boys slept in until about 8:00 on Christmas morning. They were very excited when they saw that Santa had stopped by while they were sleeping!


Jonathan could not believe that Santa knew how much of a Colts fan he is!


Makayla was a bit overwhelmed and just wanted to play with the first gift she opened. We thought that was a good idea and Joe and I opened the rest of her gifts for her.


More chaos occurred Christmas night at Joe's parents house. We really try to teach the kids about the true meaning of Christmas and Santa only brings three gifts for the kids, but when you add all of the gifts from the grandparents, aunts and uncles, friends, etc. things still get out of hand. We really appreciate the generosity of everyone in our lives!
We hope that everyone had a Christ filled Christmas this year and that you continue to follow Him in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment