Thursday, October 29, 2009

General Summer and Fall Activities in the Ciszczon House...


We hung a basketball hoop in our garage this summer and the kids all had a great time playing ball with us. Makayla even took some turns with the ball!





Here is Jonathan on his first day of school. Jonathan is in first grade this year. He is doing great! I was a little worried about how he would do with full day school since he still took naps during the summer. He is doing really well during the week, but still takes naps on the weekends.



Here is Jonathan showing us how dirty his desk was after only 3 weeks of school. I was hoping that was a habit he did not get from me...



Makayla had a big step this summer and joined the family at the "big table"!


She also started pulling herself up and walking around furniture.


This day we had spent about 4 hours running in the sprinklers with our neighbors and apparently Jaden was a bit wiped out. I don't think I have ever seen Jaden not finish his dinner before this!


Now that I am home with the kids, I have been trying to find different projects to work on with Jaden. This day Jaden found the package with the gingerbread train we never had time to make last Christmas and decided he wanted to make it. I think it was wishful thinking!


With being home, I am also able to go on field trips with Jonathan and his class. Jonathan was so excited to have me come with his class, but I had to laugh when he didn't want to sit by me in the bus.


We were on a trip to the Fair Oaks Farms. We were able to see all about the 3,000 cows they have, how they are milked, fed, sleep, how ice cream and cheese is made, etc. This was Jonathan's favorite cow at the whole farm!



The coolest part of the whole trip was watching this little cow being born. It was really neat to experience this. When I asked Jonathan what he thought of seeing the cow born he told me, " I think the Mommy cow's bottom must really hurt." I still laugh when I think about it!


Jaden helped me make some applesauce this fall. He really liked helping stir the pot. Of course I think he enjoyed eating it more!

Jonathan recently had Spirit Week at school and got to dress in costumes instead of his uniform. He still really loves to dress up and even put his "Cowboy day" costume together all by himself.



Jonathan and Joe started Cub Scouts this fall too. It seems to be going very well and both of them are enjoying the time together without anyone else interrupting.


Makayla has started really showing her personality and making lots of funny faces. I love the fact that I was able to get a picture of this one. This face seems to be her current favorite to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment